Mi., 24. Mai|
Webinar & Q&A
Pregnancy and Childcare Allowance for the Self-Employed in Austria
Join Miglena Hofer in this webinar about pregnancy, and childcare allowance for self-employed parents. Learn about mandatory examinations, benefits in cash and kind, and operational assistance or maternity allowance options.
Time & Location
24. Mai, 17:00 – 18:30
Webinar & Q&A
About the event
To get your free ticket as a member go to the bottom of the side and select the quantity - 1 - the price will then change from 29€ to 0.00€ for all SEA Members (make sure you're logged in to the platform on your member account when getting the tickets).
If you're considering becoming a member here is more information about the membership plans: Become a Member
Who is this event for?
This webinar is aimed at self-employed parents (now or in the future) who are either insured or uninsured and would like to learn about their entitlements and benefits during pregnancy and childcare allowance.
Main points of the webinar
- Overview of social insurance coverage for pregnancy and childcare allowance
- Differentiation between pregnancy and maternity under social insurance law
- Understanding the maternity protection period
- Importance of the maternity booklet (Mutter-Kind-Pass)
- Mandatory examinations before and after birth
- Responsibility for ensuring examinations and tests are done on time
- Coverage for doctor's visits, midwife assistance, and pediatric nurse assistance during pregnancy
- Operational assistance for self-employed women during maternity leave
- Maternity allowance as a replacement for income during maternity leave
- Eligibility requirements for operational assistance and maternity allowance.
45min - 1h - presentation + answers to your questions
10min - 30 min - general Q&A session
All events of Self-employed in Austria are in English!
About the Speaker
Mag. Miglena Hofer is an experienced business consultant who's been cooperating with Self-employed in Austria since 2020 and helps with topics such as :
- Eliminating Austrian red tape for business registration and running your operation.
- Creating bullet-proof terms and conditions, so you and your business are protected
- Making hiring third-country nationals possible
- Resolving conflicts and disputes with contractors and partners.
- Optimizing your organization to increase profit.
- Getting you from an idea to a sustainable business
- Supporting you on your business journey
The speaker will attempt to answer all questions asked by you with the use of your microphone or in the Zoom Chat during the presentation - the questions will be answered right away, or at the end during the general Q&A part - the speakers will decide about this.
To be able to ask your question or share during the webinar (using your microphone) please request "unmuting" in the chat or by "raising your hand" in Zoom Reactions and the moderator will do so at the appropriate time.
In such cases please keep questions as short and clear as possible so the speaker can complete the presentation within the planned time frame.
If for any reason your question wasn't answered during the webinar, we will get back to you within 3 days in the Forum. In some cases, more information might be required from you to give you a quality answer.
Webinar Recording and Privacy
The webinar audio and video will be recorded and used by SEA, but we will only use the presentation so we'd like to encourage you to ask your questions directly during the event and to keep your camera on, to keep our friendly and authentic atmosphere. The speakers prefer it and we would all really love to see you and hear you!
We're happy to see you soon!